Friday 8 May 2009

What the f&%k was that?


I have had a very tiring week. I haven't done anything especially strenuous. In fact due to my injury I have done less exercise than at any time in the past 3 months. Typical when I start writing a blog essentially about exercise.
So the last thing I needed this morning was to be woken up at 5 o'clock. Not by a noise, not by intruders, not by a ruddy great hurricane. No. By a pain sent by satan himself. 

Night cramp.

HOLY SHITSTICKS.
 
It's like someone grabbing your calf muscle and twisting it 360 degrees.
I have had them before and there was a time when I would be woken up by them about three times a week.
They hurt.
A lot.
Now I am wondering if this is the punishment I get for not training. It's starting to look mightily unfair. 
The real kicker is that yesterdays other calf strain had cleared up. Perhaps this calf acted up because it felt neglected, I don't know.
So had it not been for this morning's rude awakening I would have run home from work but these cramps take at least 24 hours to stop niggling.
Down, yes, but not out.
Tomorrow I start my training in earnest with a recovery run of 4 miles. Nothing strenuous. 
I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow. In the meantime I just. Want. To. Sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment