Saturday 16 May 2009

I'm back and it feels great

Yesterday was a good day. A very good day.
My menu was perfect, the regime is back on track and I refused to buy chocolate.
As James Brown said:
First, my race winning menu, heavyish on carbs, low on calories with a fair amount of protein and ample fat content:
Breakfast: Bowl of bran flakes and small handful (about an 8 year old's handful) of unsalted, untreated almonds.
Mid-morning: One of Granny Smith's choicest apples
Lunch: Tuna salad with balsamic vinegar, chilli flakes and light French dressing
Mid afternoon: Muller corner strawberry yoghurt. Addictive and 5 for £1 in Tesco. Bargain.
Evening: Pad Thai noodles
Late snack: More Muller corner. Mmmmm

That means NO CHOCOLATE. For the first time in a long time. I actually went to the shop after my run with £2 in my hand to get milk for this morning and, yes, some chocolate.
But after picking up a Twirl, I replaced it and only bought the milk.
Then I spent the remaining £1.50 on a Euro millions ticket.
I didn't win, but I feel like a winner. If you get my drift.

My run was great.
The Garmin super-duper GPS watch took a while to pick up a satellite as my office is in deepest high office blocked Mayfair.
I got pissed off with it and switched it off until Hyde Park corner.
After that it was a dream and told me that I had run 5.5 miles in 41.51.
That is not bad with all the stops and starts involved in street running.
I didn't feel any ill effect after it and after a good stretch and warm down I enjoyed a night in front of the Wire.
Top day, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment