Monday 6 July 2009

The agony and the ecstacy


I don't half put myself through the mill, very unnecessarily.
All day I have been working out how to run 10 miles and 4 miles over the next 3 days. I have tried all possibilities and eventually, as I was running a possible 10 mile today I turned it into a 4 mile as my ankle is a bit achey.
Tomorrow night I will have at least one drink after work. And yes, I do have to.
On Wednesday I could either run after or before work.
After would mean I get to sit down for dinner at around 2100.
Before means I will be ruddy tired during a long day at work.
But I know if I do it after work I will talk myself out of it.
Not because I don't want to, I really, really cannot stress how much I enjoy running, it's because I value my down time in the evening when I get shit done and sit and read a book and forget that it all starts again the next day at 6am.
When I am running I think about all kinds of crap from organising my desk drawer to world domination, inevitably work features and this is not what me time is all about.
So, it's a morning run on Wednesday, which is fine. I have to get use to it as I want to start running twice a day.
Plus my Suitwalker broke last week and I await a replacement so that puts running home from work on the back burner.
I was going to tell you all about last weeks run but it was going to have so many expletives in it, I couldn't go ahead and write it down (my mum reads this - come on!)
Needless to say I was less than pleased with dopey pedestrians and sub-standard equipment.
I am in a happy place and wish to remain here, but I don't know if a 6am 10 mile run will keep me there for long...

No comments:

Post a Comment